Storyplayer v1.5 has been released.
The major feature of this release is a complete overhaul of how test devices (such as web browsers) are managed inside Storyplayer, and integration with Sauce Labs for cross-browser testing. It also comes with the usual upgrades to support the latest Selenium Webdriver, Chrome, Chromedriver and Browsermob-Proxy releases. (full changelog)
I’ve also (finally!) completed the manual which covers:
- installation and configuration of Storyplayer
- what stories are, and their test phases
- how to write tests for your stories, and how to create your own Storyplayer modules
- how to create test environments to test your apps in – right from inside your tests!
- a comprehensive reference to every module that ships with Storyplayer
You can add Storyplayer to your projects using Composer – you’ll find the package as datasift/storyplayer – or download as an experimental PHAR. (Please make sure you’ve installed the necessary dependencies first!)
Any problems, please let me know.
Storyplayer is the open-source test automation tool built by DataSift. Use it to bring your user stories to life using plain old PHP #noDSL. Create test environments; deploy code; test with real browsers, shell commands, and any PHP code; and clean up afterwards – all from your tests. Write your tests once, and run them against your dev, test, staging and production environments. Storyplayer ships with 20 modules, including support for Vagrant, Amazon EC2, and ZeroMQ, and can easily be extended with your own plugins.