Here’s a list of all of the talks I’ve given to date – that I can remember or have the slides for. Every talk was brand new, written and performed exclusively for the conference or user group where it was given.
I hope you find something useful in there 🙂
- Designing Docker Containers For PHP App Development – PHP Essex, 21st February 2018.
- The Final Word About Final – PHP South West, 8th November 2018.
- Crafting A Talk – Freenode Live, 29th October 2017.
- Docker For Dev Envs – PHP Minds, 12th October 2017
- Go 100% Code Coverage Or Go Home – Glasgow PHP, 11th July 2017
- Five Patterns For Improving Application Robustness – EdPUG, 20th June 2017
- Introducing The Instruction Pipeline – PHP Yorkshire, April 2017
- Let Me Write That Down For You – Documentation For Developers – PHP Warwickshire, January 2017
- Shipping Faster With Storyplayer – PHP London, 5th May 2016
- Positive Code Reviews – Build A Culture Of Improvement – PHP Cambridge, 16th February 2016
- Designing Functional Tests – PHP Surrey, 3rd February 2016
- Why We Test – A Look At Why Testing Makes A Difference – PHP Oxford, 28th October 2015
- Ways To Measure Your ORM’s Cost – PHP North West 15, October 2015
- Introducing A Quality Model For MVC Applications – PHP North West 15, October 2015
- The Mad Science Of Testing – PHP Berkshire, June 2015
- How Much Does Your ORM Cost? – PHP South West, April 2015
- When To Mock – PHP Dorset, 3rd November 2014
- Storyplayer v1.3 – PHP Hampshire, 27th July 2013
- PHP At The Firehost Scale – PHP UK, February 2014
- Storyplayer – PHP London, May 2013
- More Than Websites – PHP And The Firehose At DataSift – Brighton PHP, April 2013
- Beyond Frameworks – Using Frameworks Without Becoming A Hostage To Them – PHP UK, 2011
- Living With Frameworks – PHP UK 2009
- Twittex: From Idea To Live In 7 Days – PHP North West 08, 2008
- Safe and Advanced Error Handling In PHP – php|cruise, 2004
- Shared Experiences – Managing Frameworks – php|cruise, 2004
I’ve got some new talks in the calendar. It’ll be your one and only chance to see me perform these talks live – I never perform a talk twice. Will I see you there?
- Railway-Oriented Programming – A Functional Approach in PHP – BrumPHP, 28th March 2018
- DeCYPHERING Graph Databases and Neo4J – PHPEm, 5th April 2018 (rescheduled from 1st March due to snow)
- Topic tbd – PHP North West, 5th June 2018
- Using JSON Schema To Validate Your API – PHP Dorset, 2nd July 2018
- Automate, Automate, AUTOMATE – Sheffield PHP, 19th July 2018
- Building APIs: Design, Code, Test – A Zend Expressive Talk – Aberdeen PHP, 1st August 2018
- Topic tbd – PHP Warwickshire, 13th September, 2018
Ping me on Twitter if you’d like me to give a talk at your conference or user group. I’ve always got plenty of new topics to suggest, and I’m always happy to discuss writing a talk about a topic that interests you and your audience.
I’ve also given several public workshops to date:
- Unit Testing? Start Here! – Workshop at PHP North West 16, 30th September 2016
- Using Git Collaboratively – Workshop at PHP North West, 2012
- Maintainable Applications in PHP Using Components – Workshop at PHP North West, 2011