Welcome to the Ten Principles Tai Chi blog and website.
This is Stuart Herbert’s blog about being a student of the Chinese art of T’ai Chi Ch’uan. He also talks about the classes that he teaches, and about his experiences as a Tai Chi teacher, and it’s a place where he can share stuff online with his students.
Stuart studies and teaches Ng Family Yang Style T’ai Chi Ch’uan under the instruction of Robert Earl Taylor until his death in 2008. Stuart has been studying since 1999, and teaching his own classes since September 2007. Robert studied Ng Family Yang Style T’ai Chi Ch’uan from Dr. Louis Ng in Cardiff in the 1980’s, and taught the art for over 15 years before retiring from teaching public classes in 2007. Louis in turn learned the art from his grandfather, whose name we currently do not know. It is likely that Louis’ grandfather was a contemporary of Yang Cheng’fu, or of one of Cheng’fu’s students, from the 1920-1930’s.
If you need to, you can contact Stuart directly via at stuart (at) stuartherbert.com, and comments left on this site are always welcome too!
To help you find your way around, here’s a list of what I have on the web site so far:
- Read about the benefits of practicing T’ai Chi, as discovered in independent studies.
- Learn more about the style I practice – Ng Family Yang Style – and see a video of me practicing the style.
- Learn more about the classes I teach.
- Download the notes I give out to my T’ai Chi students.
- See a list of T’ai Chi books that I like, and recommend to my students.
- Subscribe to my regular T’ai Chi podcasts.
And, of course, don’t forget to subscribe to my blog’s RSS feed so that you can keep up to date as I post new articles on my blog 🙂